How Long Do Heat Pumps Last?
VANCOUVER WA – BATTLE GROUND – CAMAS – LONGVIEW – PORTLAND OR
You may ask, “How long do heat pumps last?” It’s a question that most homeowners and business owners need to know to make an informed decision about purchasing and installing new heat pumps. Consider this a short guide on heat pumps and the proper use and servicing of the devices.
Over a Decade of Use on Each Heat Pump
On average, a heat pump lasts up to 15 years. This is, of course, if you maintain them properly. There are a number of things you can do to increase the longevity of the pump.
Maintaining Your Heat Pump Effortlessly
It isn’t as hard as you might think to keep your heat pump in good working order. Here are a few things for you to start doing today:
- Make sure the defrost setting is working properly to prevent ice from building up on the heat pump and ultimately destroying or damaging it.
- Clean and replace air filters on a regular basis using the manufacturer’s guidelines as a reference for how often.
- Inspect and clean the outside condenser unit fins.
- Clean coils and make sure they stay that way by checking them regularly for dirt and dust.
- Keep plant growth of over 18 inches from taking over and causing damage to the heat pump.
Apex Air Co. Professional Heat Pump Services
Taking good care of your heat pumps helps them last longer. By having the devices serviced and repaired when needed, you avoid the cost of having them replaced.
How long do heat pumps last? Our professionals will help make sure you get as many years as possible from your heat pump. Contact an expert in heat pumps at Apex Air with any questions you might have because it’s important for you to know how to keep yours up and running for years to come.
GET A FREE ESTIMATE OR ASK A QUESTION
Leave your information, and we’ll be in touch in 20 minutes or less.